- The Summerhill Festival of Childhood Official Website (www.summerhillfest.com) and its related subdomains.
- The Summerhill Festival of Childhood ticket site, hosted by Ticket Tailor (www.tickettailor.com/gdpr/)
- All the Summer Festival of Childhood(SFoC) official social media channels
- Emails sent via the SFoC website contact form
- Data supplied to the SFoC by volunteers, crew and artists
- It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence and in person.
- In order to process your ticket bookings, trader or job applications or other enquiries, we will need to collect and use information about you.
- what information the SFoC may collect about you eg;
- how the SFoC will use information we collect about you;
- when the SFoC may use your details to contact you;
- whether the SFoC will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration or destruction. We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal data which might expose you to serious risk.
DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY
We do from time to time ask people for their personal details in forms to subscribe for specific information or entering applications electronically.
Personal information that we collect:
- your name,
- your age,
- email address,
- country where you reside,
- photographic/videography imagery for and from the festival.
- mostly for contact,
- for process of payment,
- providing a service.
- to keep you informed
The information collected via this website and the ticket sales/registration process is controlled by The Summerhill Festival of Childhood (the data controller). This data is only held for the specified purpose made clear at the time of collection. Your data will only ever be shared with a third party for explicit, necessary processing purposes; for instance:
- Ticket Tailor is the Data Processor of your registered personal information for tickets. Ticket Tailor has access to your registered personal information for the sole purpose of maintaining your registration details and processing ticket bookings and ticket related enquiries. Ticket Tailor will not use this information to contact you about anything other than the festival (however you may still receive communication from them if you have made other third party purchases with them independently).
- If you book camping/campervan accommodation via Ticket Tailor, your booking information will be shared with the accommodation provider, for the sole purpose of processing your booking. Our accommodation providers will not use this information to contact you about anything other than your booking (however you may still receive communication from them if you have made other bookings with them or opted in to their mailing lists independently).
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information. When we do this we will provide further details about why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
We comply with all relevant data protection laws in all our dealings with your personal data, and we will ensure that our Data Processors do the same.
The SFoC will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- To contact you with information about your ticket registration, ticket or accommodation purchase (either directly or via its data processors e.g. Ticket Tailor)
- To contact you about a submission you have made, including any content you provide for the Facebook page, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter and our website.
- To deal with your requests and enquiries;
- For analysis and research purposes so that we may improve the services offered by the SFoC. This can include using geo-demographic information from external sources, to ensure that localised services (such as the local ticket area) are protected.
- To notify you of any changes to the SfoC policies and practices.
- We may also use and disclose anonymised information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
- Where the SFoC proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. When we do this we will provide further information about why we are using your information and how we will use it, and obtain your consent in advance where needed.
Ticket sales and registration is open to anyone, however if you are aged 16 or under, you will need your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to the SFoC.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, as outlined in the privacy statement for each specific data process.
If you no longer wish to be registered to apply for tickets for the SFoC you may delete your registration at any time (as long as you do not have a current booking). Contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
VOLUNTEER, CREW AND PERFORMER DATA
Whether you are volunteering or headlining the stage, you or your representatives will be required to supply a certain amount of personal data in order for the SFoC to fulfil your contract, supply your accreditation, or contact you in case of an emergency. The personal information provided as part of the SFoC artist and crew advancing processes will be stored and processed by the respective area of the SfoC you are working/performing at, and by the SFoC’s central functions for passes and finance administration. Where the data may be processed by a third party processor on the festival’s behalf, this will be outlined in the specific area’s privacy statement. The personal data you supply will be retained for a maximum of 5 years before being securely deleted. Your information will never be shared with or sold to other third parties.
In addition to the basic information provided in order to fulfil our contractual obligations, we will also use some of the personal data provided by artists to compile our line up listings. This will include the performer’s name and social media handles (if they have a public profile). The line-up listings are shared with third party companies, such as our media partners in order to publish line-up information across their platforms; as well as being publicly available on the line-up page of the festival website. We believe this is in the legitimate interest of both the festival and the artists performing at the festival, as artists derive a benefit from being featured across these platforms, however any artist who wishes to have their information removed from or amended on these listings, has the right to deletion or rectification, as described in ‘YOUR RIGHTS’ below.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Whilst The Summerhill Festival of Childhood, will use their reasonable endeavours to ensure that all material found on their website is accurate and up to date, it cannot guarantee this to users/readers that the information contained on this website is accurate, complete or verified and will accept no liability or obligation (whether at law or otherwise) for the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this website or for any loss or damage suffered by any person, company or other organisation from any reliance placed upon the information found on this website.
Pages that acknowledge a specific author do not necessarily represent the opinion of the festival but are presented as the opinion of that author. The festival has no responsibility for the contents of such articles.
You have the following rights under the GDPR in respect of your personal information held by us:
- to access your personal data – you have the right to request a copy of the personal information the festival holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
- to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed (this information is set out in this Policy)
- to have your personal data corrected where necessary (please contact us promptly should you become aware of any incorrect or out-of-date information)
- to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances (please refer to the appropriate data protection legislation or consult the ICO for details)
- to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed
- to have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another business
You also have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
0303 123 1113.
INFORMATION AND THE LAW
We may occasionally release your personal or financial information to assist law enforcement, to comply with laws or regulations, for example to enforce the terms under which you purchased a ticket, or to protect the rights, property or safety of the festival, users of the site or others, including your vital interests or those of another person.
TRANSMISSION OF EMAIL CONTENTS
If you are not the intended addressee, you may not disclose, distribute, copy or use the contents of e-mail sent or received from the Summerhill Festival of Childhood email domain. Any views or opinions expressed within e-mails sent or received via ourl email domain are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the festival, unless the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to express them on behalf of the Summerhill Festival of Childhood.
The Summerhill Festival of Childhood accepts no legal liability for the contents of e-mails sent or received via the email domain by independent contractors, self-employed/freelance crew, or other third party companies; including any errors, interception or interference, as internet communications are not secure. Whilst SfoC has taken all reasonable precautions to prevent transmission of computer viruses, malware or other unwanted programmes, should this occur we accept no liability.